|Disability Cricket Manager (Frenchay Falcons)- Job description|
Role: To voluntarily manage and administrate a small group of cricketers principally with learning disabilities.
Approximate time commitment: March to September – maximum 8 hours per month
- Must have attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills as liaison with Club, Partner Organisations, Coaches, Parents, Players and GCB Officers
- Ability to work methodically
Essential ; ‘Cricket’ based DBS Certificate involving Children and Vulnerable Adults, which must be held before confirmation of the appointment, and can be arranged through the Club.
Disability Manager needed at Frenchay Cricket Club (Frenchay Falcons)
The Falcons have been running now for several years and have managed to build to a database of players. The Falcons need someone who will be an organiser, manager and reliable person that parents and players can report to. The group need a leader to ensure the players are organised and well looked after.
- To promote the cricket sessions that are arranged targeting any young person who are principally people with learning difficulties;
- To register and obtain all relevant paperwork for each participant so all information is collected and collated;
- Liaise with the appointed Coach(es) to ensure the Club Sessions operate to the best outcome for the players, potentially linking some players as appropriate into the Gloucestershire County Disability Squad
- Liaise as necessary with the GCB Growth Development Officer, and any Linked or Partner Organisations
- To monitor progress throughout the year, with attendance at the majority of sessions an advantage, together with promotion through Special Schools, Councils, Charities being key
- Report as required to the Club Management Committee, and liaise as necessary with any linked Partner Organisations
Task Management Timeline- Maximum 8 hours per month
- February and March –Liaise with the club and look to promote and recruit new people to the sessions during the summer. Link with the Gloucestershire Cricket Board to think of ideas on how to maximise this programme
- April to August – – Produce summer programme and liaise with cricket club to book in all sessions, and keep an overview of activities.
If you would like further information or wish to apply for this opportunity please contact:
Jim Donaldson email@example.com or Tel 07771 502274